Wednesday

10 ways to "dress up" your boxes/containers


Well, you know me and my need to make every box/container feel pretty...*LOL* Here are 10 ways to "dress up" your boxes and containers! :)


Upcycled-pillow-box
See more in this post "Decorating a pillow box"

1. Try a little window treatment.

There's something about a pretty window sill....:)

Gold-box
See more in this post "Upcycled boxes for Blue Fern Studios"

2. Make it feel like royalty.

Try some gold foil paper and bling. It looks and feels luxurious.


3. "Washify" it.

Give your washi tape a workout. 


Special-delivery-mailbox-SRM-stickers-by-Yvonne-Yam
See more in this post "Special delivery mailbox"

4. Make it kawaii!

Go bright and cutesy with bold, happy colours.


See more in this post "For the love of black lace"



5. Let it feel sexy with peekaboo lace and pearls.

I love tone-on-tone when it comes to lace. Black lace on a black box. Understated elegance.




Upcycled-box-for-Faber-Castells-by-Yvonne-Yam1
See more in this post "Upcycled cake box with Faber Castell"

6. Make it a garden with blooms and butterflies.

You can never go wrong with blooms and butterflies.


A-vintage-inspired-altered-box
See more in this post "Pulling out pretty stuff..."

7. Give it an old world charm.

Layer pieces of vintage lace and add some old charms. 

Upcycled-tea-tin
See more in this post "Upcycled tea tin with Blue Fern Studios"

8. Make it feel pretty all over.

Consider decorating all around a round container for maximum impact.



Thank-u-CD-cover
See more in this post "Thank you friends"

9. Give it a textural mix.

Mix it up by combining different elements - soft lace against hard metal. Keep them in the same colour family and it will look classy and chic.



Upcycled-box-with-purple-pumpkin-embellishments
See more in this post "Mixed media + cute stuff..."

10. Try something different - mixed media cuteness

Mix unexpected elements together for unexpected results. I started with lots of paint and gel medium on the base of the box, then decided that I really wanted to use the owls fabric button...*LOL*


There you have it. 10 ways to "dress up" your boxes/containers. Which is your fave?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

22 comments:

Michelle said...

I love them ALL! I admire your dedication to creating lovely things out of overlooked items. You have a creative soul. Be proud. It's awesome.

Hussena said...

Each of your boxes/container's look gorgeous! And, I just loved the way you have tried out different styles so effortlessly! Your work always is very elegant and I love your color combinations and the beautiful clustering you do :)

Lizzy Hill said...

They're all gorgeous, & my FAVEST is the lace & bling vintage-y one...soooo pretty!!!! Very inspiring, I must say. I'm getting out that tin I want to cover tomorrow now:):)

Radhika said...

Love all of them ..fabulous ideas :) love the cutie mailbox :)

Lynn said...

What a lovely collection of great box decorating ideas. I'm always inspired to give it a try. I especially love the lacy ones.

alexa said...

Oh I do like number 8 - I have a round wooden box which held Turkish Delight just waiting for some colourful treatment. Beautifully done and photographed, all of them.

lisa said...

You always have such great ideas x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow I love these!!! You have done such a fantastic post showcasing this subject! You are so clever!!

Lynnda said...

You are full of brilliant and beautiful ideas! Loving all your dolled up boxes! You are just amazing my friend. Hugs..x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all AMAZING!!!!! I just love love love love love when you use lace!!!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

You are the queen of dress up! My favorite is the one with all the gold.

sandi said...

You knock my socks off with your talent!!!!!!!!!! These are just amazing. Love your fun, creative posts.....so inspiring!

Angi Barrs said...

You are a genius at dressing up containers. Love these!

Rose said...

awesome work and i love the mailboxes :)

Lisa said...

They are all so unique and totally gorgeous!! You do so many different styles perfectly!! If I had to choose a fav, I'd say making it a garden because as you said, you can never go wrong with blooms and butterflies ;) Happy Wednesday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Virginia L. said...

Amazing post, Yvonne! Love your ideas and each point! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Karon said...

WOW - these are all stunning! Thanks for sharing such an inspirational post!

~amy~ said...

**washify**
that cracked me up

SD pooja said...

I kept on saying this is my favorite..till I reached the next one..Each one is my favorite ..I love how you use laces on your projects Yvonne !

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a fabulous post, Yvonne! So totally inspired by all your amazing ideas. You are a genius at creating pretty packages! Love, love, love these!

Cindy deRosier said...

Fabulous! I think my favorite is #9.

Jinny Newlin said...

Great tips, my dear! So many great projects and ideas, I couldn't possibly pick a fave!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It