Thursday

10 ways to work chipboard on your projects




I love using chipboard on my projects. They are a great way to add interest and dimension to projects without bulk. Plus there are a gazillion ways to "dress" them up. Here are 10 ways!:)


Never-a-dull-moment

1. Use chipboard to "extend" your story.

Here I used the leafy chipboard to help me set the outdoor scene for my layout about a date at the playground with my niece and nephew. 



Dream-big-6x6-canvas 

2. Create a monochromatic canvas.

The chipboard pieces were painted white and added with clear and shiny elements for maximum textural impact.

Altered-book

3. Make textured "frames" for an altered book.

Both chipboard layers were painted black but the top layer was covered with glittered texture for more depth.


Take-flight-card

4. Create a focal point for your card.

The bird cage was painted gold, then "dressed" up with leaves, blooms and bling.

Outdoor-girl

5. Create a whimsical "outdoor" scene.

Mix and match different chipboard pieces for a fun scene to match your photos.

Card set

6. Use them to create a trio of shabby chic cards.

Lace and mediums on chipboard create beautiful textures.

Upcycled pie plate with old book paper

7. Make your chipboard work for you.

It's okay to cut up your chipboard elements to match the size of your project.
.
Upcycled-tea-tin

8. Decorate around a tin can.

Add a chipboard sentiment around a decorated tin can for visual appeal.
Rugged-journal-page

9. Serve as fun elements on journal pages.

Cut windows in your journal pages and spice them up with some chipboard elements!
Altered book cover  = photo stand

10. Add chipboard to an embellishment cluster.

The beauty of an embellishment cluster is in the textures and layers. 


There you have it. 10 ways to work chipboard on your projects. Which is your fave?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

29 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous projects here Yvonne!!!

Rose said...

beautiful projects :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous assortment of projects! Lovin' all the chipboard pieces!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous assortment of projects! Lovin' all the chipboard pieces!

Hussena said...

Such stunning projects Yvonne ..Loved each and everyone of them And I really love the way you use your chipboard in each of them..Its just fabulous and so inspiring :)

Sarah said...

Love your projects!! They're fabulous! Thanks for all the chipboard tips!

lisa said...

Great ideas Yvonne : )

Radhika said...

Amazing projects Yvonne!! all are my faves but mostly I love the out door scene, monochromatic and frame :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Loooved seeing these projects & chippy is so useful...but i Still struggle with it!!! Just one of my not so much 'go to' things in the stast. However, with your inspiration, I promise to try harder!!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

What can I say? I absolutely loved how you used chipboard pieces on all of your amazing and beautiful creations, Yvonne! Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us!! Hope you are having a great day, too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You.Are.Just.AMAZING. seriously. amazing. wow wow wowwwwwwwww.... you amaze me!!!!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Lovely projects and great ideas!! will definitely try! thanks a ton for sharing :)

Karon said...

WOW Yvonne - these are just so amazing! Love all the depth!

~amy~ said...

I love chipboard, this is such a great post! Love all the ways you've incorporated the chippy goodness.

Este e um blog de teste said...

Great work!

xx
http://analeote.blogspot.pt/

Annette Allen said...

fabulous post.. love everything you do..

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Gorgeous Projects Yyaam...and thanks a lot for sharing Tips n Tricks ...:)

Angi Barrs said...

Fab tips! I love chipboard too!

SD pooja said...

Shabby Chic cards n the decorated plate are my favorites among all these fab projects ! This is very inspiring post for me Yvonne as I have beautiful chipboard pieces ,sent by Lessology team and I have just hoarded them :D !

MirjamC said...

Gorgeous projects! And a great blogpost!

sandi said...

These are beautiful! Perfect examples of how to use chipboard! Wow!

Lisa said...

What awesome tips!! And the projects are all just stunning!! I don't know that I could pick a fav tip - they are all fabulous!! I do love how you added fun elements on journal pages!! As always thanks for the amazing inspiration!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

I love these '10 ways' posts that you do. It's great seeing all the projects representing different ways to use chipboard (something I don't use nearly often enough...)

alexa said...

They are all lovely bug I especially like the look of number 10 :).

Unknown said...

This post has me smiling. So many awesome project. I have to say you sure do know how to use that Chipboard..

Hugs~

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful post and gorgeous projects, love all the different ways you showcase the chipboard elements!

Dr Sonia S V said...

You are so good at this Yvonne...I was working on chipboard just today!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jinny Newlin said...

Such gorgeous projects and unique ideas, Yvonne! I'm going to have to say that adding it to a cluster is my fave ;). TFS!

Lynnda said...

These are simply beautiful and inspiring Yvonne!!! I love them all... TFS ... hugs....x

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It