Friday

The Great Outdoors photo display for Xyron and Paper House


Great-outdoor-photo-display
This whole week, the team at Xyron is joining the folks at Paper House Productions for a fabulous creative blog hop. I made a 6x6 photo display featuring my sister walking her "pet" at an African Safari...*winks*. Read on for a quick tutorial.
I started by cutting a piece of cardboard to 6x6 and running it through the Xyron 9" Creative Station for an even application of adhesive. Then I adhered the Paper House Productions patterned paper (The Great Outdoors mini paper pad) to the cardboard and distressed the edges for some texture.
The photo was fussy-cut and adhered to the base with the Teresa Collins Mega Runner. A graphite pencil was used to outline the silhouette and blended with a tortillion. This helped to create the illusion of depth.

I fussy-cut another piece of the same photo and propped it up with 3D foam dots. Then I decorated with Paper House Productions The Great Outdoors dimensional stickers. I also fussy-cut some elements from another sheet of patterned paper and adhered to the base with Teresa Collins Clear Hold Adhesive.

Then I pulled the elements together by painting the "scene" with Silks Acrylic Glazes.


Don't forget to leave a comment at the Xyron blog for your chance at a great giveaway! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

16 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome and so unique!

Radhika said...

Awesome photo display..nice scene for the photo..:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is amazing! I am LOVING the colors, the photo and the way you created the outdoors!!!!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

This is so fabulous! Love it.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! What a fun scene you created! Love the 3D effect on the photo and I really like your creative solution for hiding the top edge of the photo. Fun details, too. And love the look of those acrylic glazes!

SD pooja said...

I thought it to be a ready made dimensional sticker ,amazing job with it Yvonne ! I loved how you have created the whole scene :)

SD pooja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome project. Those deer look doomed. Hope she has a tight grip on her pet's leash! ;)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love the outdoor scene you've created!! It looks amazing!! All of the details are perfect!! What a fabulous project!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Such a whimsical project! Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration!

Shelly said...

This is AWESOME!!! Love it!

cghundley said...

Lots of fun going
on in your layout!
Carla from Utah

Karon said...

This is amazing! Fabulous photo and love the depth to the canvas - wow!!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is so awesome!!

Ashley Horton said...

Really stunning canvas, Yvonne!

Ella Swan said...

Very cool! Love how you went about this!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It