Monday

Back to old-school scrapbooking...


Happy-birthday-amah

My usual style of scrapbooking - messy background created with colorants + bits of pieces of scraps/found stuff - hasn't made it easy for me to really use up my patterned paper.  So I challenged myself to do some old-school scrapbooking....


Every time I was tempted to reach for a colorant, I used a tool or added more paper! *winks* I did cheat a little though...I used a black Sharpie + white pen to colour the date and Silks acrylic glaze to colour the gold numbers. 


My paternal grandma recently celebrated her 90th birthday. :)

And yes, I actually used a Martha Stewart punch [I have a drawer full of them].

Playing along with My Creative Sketches.

__________________________________________________


In case you were curious, here is my 12x12 paper stash - patterned paper + cardstock + scraps 

I haven't bought any in years [even though I do get a fair bit through design team gigs] and still have more paper than I need even though I have given a lot away too. I know some of you might possibly have more than I do but it would be nice to reclaim my nightstand for something other than paper right?*winks*

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!! You know I am still an old fashioned gal and love my patterned papers! LOL!! I have enough to last me till I am at LEAST 300 years old *wink*!! :) I Loveeeeeeeeeee those photos and the colors!! Happy birthday Grandma!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous layout!! The pictures of your grandma are so sweet!! I hope she had a wonderful 90th b-day!! The papers are fabulous!! I'd be embarrassed for you to see my paper stash. Take your pile times about 10 and you'd have mine!! Sadly, I'm not kidding!! (I have a slight paper-buying obsession ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SD pooja said...

belated Birthday wishes to your Grandma :) Loved this page specially the black n red look fab !

Suman Pandit said...

Lovely page Yvonne,the black and red really rocks !!wishing good health and a belated birthday to Granma !!!

Annette Allen said...

90 years old.. that is such a blessing. This layout is precious..

Audrey Pettit said...

awwww, I just LOVE your old-school patterned paper layout, Yvonne! Love the bold and graphic black and white pattern, and the pops of red and gold look just beautiful. Really like how you used the border punch along the top, and balanced that with the red lace below. Great photos, too. Happy belated to G-Ma!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! Fun to see you doing a traditional layout!

Shelly said...

Aww...such a sweet layout! Love the pics! And happy birthday to your grandma!

Lizzy Hill said...

Firstly, I hope I look that good at 90! Secondly that is one BIG stash that needs using or losing! So good on you for making a start! And thirdly, I think you used that b&w pp in the bg really, really well....it's a real art using pp after mm, eh???!!! Good on you. Looking forward to the next 20....30 or so!!

~amy~ said...

Such a fabulous layout...90 years old?! AWESOME.

Angel said...

Wow happy 90th birthday to her. Very nice way to honor her day. Thank you for playing with my creative sketches.

lavina agarwal said...

Nice layout dear..I still mostly do old school scrapbooking..attempt to use the colors somtimes being inspired by you :)

Shizuka said...

Happy 90th birthday to her!Great memory and design.Thank you for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches!!

Scrappy Chick said...

Great layout! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Scrapbook!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It